Tag: Manjaro

  • Upgrading my rig

    I finally got to make some upgrades to my desktop computer! Before Just for context, my desktop computer was a hand-me-down that a friend just gave me because he had gotten a much better one. I took it and played around with it. After all these years this was the first time I owned a […]

  • Fooling around with bash scripts

    I thought I would share 2 shell scripts that I’ve found useful, the first one allows me to to use my DSLR camera as a webcam and the second one allows me to batch resize and optimize images Using DSLR as webcam This is probably most useful in COVID-19 times, found it a while back […]

  • My transition from VSCode to Neovim

    I’ve always liked the idea of using a tiling window manager and customizing the hell out of it, you know, the kind of stuff you see by searching for the linuxPorn hashtag… My main problem with them is that I am very very used to GUIs, while I am fairly competent on a terminal, I […]

  • Some CLI awesomeness

    I’ll have to confess I wasn’t always a fan of CLI applications, I come from a world were all I knew was GUI. I even thought that the heavy use of terminal emulators and CLI apps was snobbish, you know, the feeling was kind of like when (some) people say “BTW, I use Arch” I […]

  • Thoughts on the pinebookpro (Part 4)

    This is a follow-up on a previous entry Dealing with an external display A while back I ordered a USB-C dongle that I thought wasn’t working so I checked a list of USB Combination Devices that are compatible in the wiki, more specifically I had to wait for this USB-C dongle from aliexpress to get […]

  • Thoughts on the pinebookpro (Part 3)

    This is a follow-up on a previous entry One step closer to daily driver!! Working from home is possible with the pinebookpro I managed to connect to my workplace’s VPN, however it took some digging around: first of all, we have a Linux VPN package, so that’s already something, (kudos for showing Linux some love); […]

  • Thoughts on the pinebookpro (Part 2)

    This is a follow-up to this entry. This time I’ll try to describe more day to day use (at least mine): Generic tasks The most simple task I use a computer for is writing entries for my blog, as I mentioned before I love the Markdown format… I’ve found a perfectly good FOSS replacement for […]

  • Thoughts on the pinebook pro

    Back in September I pulled the trigger and ordered a pinebook pro. Long story short: I declare myself a fanboy, the pinebook pro from pine64 is a very capable little machine. There are a lot of better written and more detailed blog posts/reviews of the pinebook pro out there already but just in case: For […]

  • Saving my /home partition with fsck

    Let’s face it, part of the joy of Linux is solving unexpected problems you wouldn’t have with proprietary Operating Systems like Windows and MacOS. That being said this is my latest adventure: I turned on m computer and after the grub screen came up and I chose to boot into Manjaro (yes, the horror, I […]

  • FOSS Donations

    Let me start by saying that the purpose of this entry is not to say “Look at how selfless I am for donating money to FOSS organizations or projects” so, with that in mind, I will not list any specific quantities because that is not the point I am trying to make. Having written the […]

Proud member of the 512kb club, blue team